The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 has been submitted to Cert!
We’ve included everything from PC Hotfix 26.0.7 – 220.127.116.11! This small update brings you highly anticipated changes to Melee and Kuva Liches – we were unable to include them in The Old Blood (more info on that here), so this interim build is our way of getting those to you sooner rather than later! The total download size for this update is ~235 MB. Once we have passed Cert we will update this thread with a launch date/time!
Now let’s get into what you can expect in this small but mighty update!
Kuva Lich Changes
- Converted Lich Trading is coming! If you have a Converted Kuva Lich, you may trade them with another player who may be looking for a specific Kuva Lich Weapon or Ephemera. This system includes the use of a brand new Dojo Room inspired by the early ‘War Room’ design from the King Pin System! Liches can only be traded once and are traded as Rank 1 Liches – you cannot re-trade a Converted Lich past one person!
- The Crimson Branch: This Clan Dojo room serves the purpose of trading Converted Kuva Liches, and will scale up to future entries in the system with other factions!
- Back-to-back Duplicates – Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.
- Recycle your Requiem – 4 Defiled Requiem Mods can now be Transmuted into a random, fully charged, Requiem Mod. This gives them some additional use, as well as helping you clean up your Inventory.
- Void Fissure Missions will now appear on all Kuva Fortress nodes! Previously, only Rescue/Survival missions on the Kuva Fortress were eligible due to other missions having an Archwing restriction; now the whole Fortress is eligible!
- A bug now turned feature; Ephemera’s obtained from a Kuva Lich can now be equipped on Sentinels and Companions! For FX sake, this will be a slightly subdued version of the selected Ephemera. Non-Lich Ephemera functionally is in the works!
- Increased the chance of your Kuva Lich to have an Ephemera from 5% to 10%. Newly birthed Liches will have the 10% chance, while existing Liches will still be at 5%. Old Liches that are traded and “reactivated” will also be at 5%.
- Added new Parazon finishers for you to stabby stab the baddies with!
- Added a Kuva Lich icon beside Star Chart regions/nodes that are under the influence of your Kuva Lich to address color blind concerns regarding the ‘Kuva Stain’.
- Increased the base damage (before elemental bonus) of the Kuva Ogris from 454 to 714.
- Converted Kuva Lich allies will no longer spawn in Archwing missions, as they ignore the complete lack of oxygen and requirements needed to fly.
- Grineer Prosecutors will no longer spawn as Thralls, as they were essentially invincible to everything except area-of-effect abilities.
- Ghoul Expired will no longer spawn as a Thrall due to their suicide death mechanic.
- Removed Pigments from the list of eligible items the Kuva Lich can Tax.
- Removed rewards obtained specifically from completing a Junction from the list of eligible items the Kuva Lich can Tax.
- Reduced the camera shake of the Kuva Ayanga explosions.
- Kuva Quartakk now has force feedback sounds when aiming down its sights.
- Fixed an issue where Larvling spawns were not working 100% of the time.
- Fixed Kuva Lich Ephemera’s appear too subtle or sometimes not at all.
- Fixed multiple issues where Kuva Liches would not be created from Larvlings due to certain Warframe abilities.
- And more!
Melee Phase 2: Technique Changes & Fixes
These changes take a stab at some balancing in the wake of all the changes and adjusts some Stances based on feedback.
- UI: Split ‘HEAVY ATTACK’ Stats into their own category to better organize the various stats associated with all Melee Weapons.
- ‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.
- Removed Combo Hit Multiplier with Glaive’s hit damage. Only explosive damage will use the Combo Multiplier.
- Madurai Rising Blast can now be held vs tapped for either a charged or uncharged shot.
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.
- True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank.
- Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank.
*Changes to Melee Rivens and other Mods that were released with PC’s Rising Tide will be coming in the next update for XB1.
Stance & Weapon Changes
Expand the spoilers below for list of changes
- Increased the damage and combo-point value of Crimson Dervish’s Neutral (Twisting Flurry) and Forward+Block (Coiling Impale) combos.
- Fixed Crimson Dervish not having it’s sliding heavy attack hooked up.
- Added a free movement shooting attack to the first move in the Forward Combo for High Noon (Vagabond Blitz) and Bullet Dance (Magnum Mambo).
- The Heavy Attack shot is no longer free movement (the wind up remains free movement).
- Neutral Combo (Desperado Zeal) is now Tactical Forward Combo (Final Showdown), and vice versa.
- Switched the order of the two Tactical Forward attacks and increased the forward distance of the first attack.
- Moved the first attack of the Neutral Combo (Samba Slash) to the end of the combo chain.
- Bullet Dance – Neutral Combo (Samba Slash) is now Neutral Block (Automatic Rhumba) and vice versa.
Rapier: Vulpine Mask
- Swapped the order of the first two attacks in the Neutral Combo (Assailant Guise).
Nunchaku Stance: Atlantis Vulcan
- Decreased the forward movement of the first attack in the Tactical Forward Combo (Blazing Vortex) and increased it in the second.
- Second attack in Forward Combo (Cut Thrice) is now free movement.
- The last attack in the Neutral Combo (Threshing Grain) is now the first attack, damage multipliers and combo points adjusted accordingly.
- The last attack in the Tactical Forward Combo (Calling Thunder) is now the first attack with increased gap closing movement, damage multipliers and combo points adjusted accordingly.
Dark Split Sword Heavy Blade
- Increased Critical Chance from 10% to 15%
- Increased Puncture Damage from 68 to 78
- Combo Multiplier applied to disc recall explosion.
General Melee Changes & Fixes:
- Clarified Melee Rivens that have the negative attribute of ‘Chance to not gain combo counter’ by replacing that line with ‘Additional Combo Count Chance’ that is seen on other Mods.
- Melee Heavy Slam color and camera shake is now only seen on the local player (the one doing the slamming). Clients will still see the awesome FX though!
- Fixed Blood Rush / Weeping Wounds resetting when using a normal attack on Gunblades.
- Fixed Exodia Valor considering every target to be Lifted whether they actually are or not.
- Fixed Zenurik Inner Might not applying correctly.
- Added a new Arsenal stat titled ‘Embed Delay’. Some Area of Effect weapons, like the Zakti or the Lenz, have a delayed explosion after the projectile has hit its target. Embed Delay is the time it takes after impact until the projectile explodes.
- Note that the Embed Delay stat will only show for weapons with an Embed Delay value greater than 0.
- Launcher Area-Of-Effect Change: Area-of-effect Damage is now a separate stat with its own header in the Arsenal (plus everywhere else that stats are shown), and AOE damage radius is now also displayed. Previously, AOE damage values were merged with regular on hit damage values.
- Tweaked the density of Ember’s Ability FX on nearby hits.
Expand the spoilers below for list of fixes
- Fixed Requiem Relics not counting towards “Unlock Relics” Nightwave Acts.
- Fixed inability to see what players are selling in Maroo’s Bazaar.
- Fixed weapons requiring Health to reload not working if you don’t have both a Primary and Secondary weapon equipped.
- Fixed weapons requiring Health to reload to only partially reload if you don’t have enough Health for a full reload.
- Fixed case of the Vasca Curative not working/curing infected Kavats.
- Fixed Vasca Kavat Floof description reading Orb Vallis instead of Plains of Eidolon.
- Fixes towards Ayatan Stars and other pickups that can’t be vacuumed launching themselves into unreachable corners.
- Fixed having to be very close to initiate your Archwing Melee lock on mechanic.
- Fixed missing hit notification sounds on the Acceltra.
- Fixed issues with enemy navigation in the Grineer Galleon.
- Fixed overlapping music at end-mission.
- Fixed a game hang when throwing any fishing Spear leading to inputs not working for several seconds.
- Fixed some Amalgam enemies dropping Resources that looked like Mods.
- Fixed an issue where the Corpus hacking mini-game would lock up if another player starts it right while you finish.
- Fixed an issue where you would be unable to use Corpus Hack Panels.
- Fixed cases where the Sari Syandana was covering UI menus.
- Fixed the Polarize screen not displaying the correct max rank of weapons that go over 30 (Paracesis, Kuva weapons, etc).
- Fixed waypoints pointing you towards dead ends in Corpus Archwing missions.
- Fixed Riven stats for modular weapons (Kitguns) displaying incorrectly in the Upgrade screen and Riven Cycle screen.
- Fixed a Kitgun Riven Disposition always displaying 3/5, even if the Riven disposition itself is lower than that.
- Fixed Riven stats in the Arsenal displaying values as if the weapon has a Disposition of 1, making it appear as if your Riven attributes were cut in half.
- Fixed gaining Melee Combo when you have a ‘Chance to not gain combo’ Riven that is over 100%.
- Fixed inability to rename your weapon if you don’t own a max rank Kitgun.
- Fixed weapons above Rank 30 (Paracesis, etc) not maintaining their Rank if a Host migration occurs. This also fixes some Mods being ignored due to Mod capacity being in excess of the standard 30 Ranks.
- Fixed the ability to hack a single Corpus Spy console repeatedly, thus gaining an endless amount of Affinity.
- Fixed the Mod Workbench showing Mod Ranks incorrectly after viewing a Ranked Requiem Mods.
- Fixed Zhuge Prime not showing its Radial Attack in Arsenal stats.
- Fixed weapons with radial damage and a secondary fire not showing all of their stats in the Market tooltip.
- Fixed issue where Decorations wouldn’t properly reset their local position when picked up and placement were canceled.
- Fixed loss of functionality if you scroll too quickly after opening up the loadout selection menu.
- And more!