XB1 Chimera: Update 23.10.6 (In Cert!)
Original Post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1022545-xb1-chimera-update-23106-in-cert/
C̶̹̃h̴̊̍̐͜i̶͓̩͛̽m̸̨̈́͘e̴̤̒ŕ̸͉͋̕å̸̙̭͕ is coming…
Update 23.10.6 has been sent off to cert! This mainline update is jam packed with all kinds of hotness and featured goods from PC Update 23.9.0 to 23.10.6. From the new Arbitrations (previous WIP title of Lethal Alerts) to the Daily Tribute changes, QOL changes and fixes, and everything in between, Update 23.10.6 is a hefty ~2.5GB worth of the latest for Warframe.
What is a mainline update you ask? To quote [DE]Rebecca:
“It’s the type of update where we send out everything we’ve been working on that’s accumulated that isn’t related to a bigger picture feature.”
Our last mainline update for consoles was back in July with the release of The Sacrifice, so you can expect a good helping of notes once the update drops!
This thread will be updated with the release date once we have passed Cert. With all that said, let’s take a glimpse into what Chimera: Update 23.10.6 will bring:
ARBITRATIONS: LETHAL ALERTS
The Arbiters of Hexis are providing you with the chance to fight with something unknown to most Warframe missions: Mortality! Arbitrations are single-life missions that put you in a scenario where you have to make your only life count!
Prepare for the arrival of Lethal Alerts! Complete all nodes in the Star Chart now to unlock Arbitrations when the update goes live.
TENNOGEN BUNDLE XXXIII
This bundle features creations from past PC releases and will be available in the in-game Market when the update goes live!
Excalibur Apex Skin by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
Loki Rogue Helmet by artarrwen
Loki Ersatz Helmet by Rekkou
Nova Tachyon Helmet by Rekkou
A two-pronged attack; the bone-grafted cocoon at the tip of this staff rends flesh, while the viral mass living within spreads itself into the wounds of each new victim.
Carve through enemies with surgical precision using this Corpus-tech Glaive.
You’ll be able to find both these new weapons in the in-game Market or in your Clan Research when the update goes live!
NEW WEAPON SKINS
ZASTRA DUAL DAGGER SKIN
Artistry meets lethality with this elegant Dagger Skin.
KLUDGEKIL MACHETE SKIN
Bludgeon, hack, and maim with this improvised Machete skin fashioned out of broken Grineer weapons.
You’ll be able to find both these new weapons in the in-game Market when the update goes live!
PLAGUE STAR RETURNS!
Plague Star is returning to XB1 on November 2nd! A forum thread will be posted when the Operation goes live with all the information you need to burst that boil out in the Plains of Eidolon.
- New Sentinel Precepts (will be available from Simaris’ offerings):
- Dethcube – Energy Generator: Dethcube drops an Energy Orb after assisting in 10 kills.
- Shade – Ambush: When Ghost invisibility is broken, Shade’s owner is granted 120% Damage for 3s.
- New “infinite” (99 items) Gear spiral! Duplicate Gear items (Apothics, Stims) are restricted, with the exception of Dragon Keys!
- 7 new Syndicate Captura Scenes will be purchasable with respective Standing once Quest requirements are met (with the exception of Simaris’):
- LUA CONTAINMENT SCENE (Arbiters of Hexis)
- CHAMBER OF THE LOTUS SCENE (Cephalon Suda)
- SILVER GROVE SHRINE SCENE (New Loka)
- MYCONA COLONY SCENE (Perrin Sequence)
- HUNHOW’S CHAMBER SCENE (Red Veil)
- KUVA THRONE SCENE (Steel Meridian)
- SANCTUARY CONDUIT SCENE (Cephalon Simaris)
- Added a library of new sounds for the general social experience, including:
- DMs and Squad Chat
- When someone joins your Squad (no longer just a visual bumper)
- New drag/drop sounds!
- Added an A / B / C Customization config option for Operator clothing and accessories!
- Added ability to swap your A B C Appearance loadout order in the Arsenal!
- Added ability to swap your Mod loadout order in the Arsenal! This works the same way as dragging/dropping your A B C Appearance loadout order.
- Added an ‘Auto Install’ button to the Ayatan Sculptures screen for Mastery Rank 10+ Tenno! This long requested feature allows you to auto install Stars from your Inventory to your Ayatan Sculpture in a flash.
- Added a ‘Relics’ category to the player Inventory menus.
- Added objective marker pointing players to Konzu when entering Cetus for the first time.
- Added new aiming in/out transition sounds for Archwing weapons. We added these for primaries and secondaries in 22.17.0, but you’ll get to hear them in SPACE!
- Added the ability to purchase multiple Forma Bundles from the Market at once.
- Added more Community Fan Art to the Codex for your Display decorating enjoyment!
- Added a Decoration called the ‘Note Beacon’! A beacon capable of displaying custom messages that can be placed in both Orbiter and Dojo!
- Added an FX to the Energy Orb dropped by Deth Cube with Energy Generator equipped.
- Added Prime grip trail colour FXs.
- Removed “Defeat 3 Eximus enemies on EARTH” requirement from Venus Junction.
- Lowered “Defeat 10 Eximus enemies on Venus” requirement on Mercury Junction to 5 Eximus enemies in any region.
- Lowered “Defeat 10 Sentient enemies on Lua” requirement to 5 Sentient enemies.
- Lowered “Collect any 3 Mods from the Orokin Principle challenge rooms on Lua” to 1 Mod.
Our goal with the Daily Tribute changes is to make it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. Read more on the changes coming by checking out the Dev Workshops:
- We have added custom lines and videos to each Daily Tribute which brings a Warframe NPC out to greet you on your new day.
- There is a fixed Day 5 Reward of 25,000 Credits and 1000 Endo.
- The Lodestar Syandana and the Lodestar Armor Set – they are staying at Day 800 / 1000 respectively.
We have increased Miasma’s damage multiplier from 2x to 4x to encourage even more synergy between Miasma and Spores. By increasing the damage multiplier we have reduced the following to compensate for the change:
- Miasma base Damage has been halved.
- Spores scaling Damage per second cap has been reduced from 10 to 7.
- Revenant’s Reave will follow the direction of your reticle as opposed to always in a straight line. This allows you to steer it freely. You can of course maintain the original behaviour of a straight line by simply not aiming your reticle, but for those of you wanting better control over where Reave goes are now able to freely steer!
- Revenant’s Reave wall width will be affected by Range Mods.
- Revenant’s Reave will also sheds Status Effects on cast and applies them to targets it hits.
Phantasma Alt Fire Changes:
- Phantasma’s Alt Fire homing projectile amount is no longer based on charge time. Alt Fire will release 5 total homing projectiles.
- Phantasma’s Alt Fire damage per projectile will scale based on charge time.
Dojo Additions & Changes:
- Over 40 FX Decorations and 7 structural Decorations will be added for your decorating enjoyment!
- A brand new Sandbox room will be added! The ‘INSPIRATION HALL’ is an empty great hall is a blank slate awaiting inspired designers!
- All Display Decorations will be usable in Dojos, as well as a ‘Text’ Decoration!
- The Clan Chat tab will display the following Clan activity in green:
- Player left Clan
- Player invited
- Player joined
- Color Research started or unpaused
- Player Hierarchy change
- Clan Tier change
- A confirmation prompt will appear when a Clan Chat Moderator attempts to kick/ban a player.
- Added a toggle to ‘Show All’ or ‘Hide Owned Blueprints’ in the Energy, Bio, Orokin, and Chem Labs.
- Added 3 more options in the Contribution screen under Alliance header for donating Credits, Decorations, and Resources to other Allied Clans.
- You will be able to toggle ‘Disable Operator’ on/off from the Dojo Obstacle Course console at the entrance of the room!
- The Clan screen will display the remaining time to those who have not yet participated in the Ascension Ceremony (if one is active).
- Ammo will be successfully restored when a Dojo Duel is over.
- Improved visibility of the room rotate button in the Dojo Architect menu, and added shortcut indicators.
- Added “Duplicate” button to Dojo (and Orbiter) Decoration modes. Pressing it duplicates the aimed at Decoration, including its scale (where applicable) and rotation.
Melee Sound Additions & Changes:
Melee 3.0 continues in development, but the Sound Team has gone above and beyond to bring hot fresh sounds for all Melee weapons!
- New impact sounds for all Melee weapons.
- New slam sounds for all Melee weapons.
- New heavy attack sounds for all Melee weapons.
- New slide attack sounds for all Melee weapons.
- Added Melee sounds to Valkyr’s Hysteria ability.
- Cleaned up Melee weapon sounds when hitting floors and walls during combat.
- Removed music occlusion when bullet jumping.
Numerous UI screens have received updated Theme revisions, such as various Zaw weapon screens (Hok), Daily Tribute, generic menu screens, and more. This is our continued UI rollout as noted here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/965952-ui-redesign-information-timeline/
- Shortened default Stasis Recovery time from 3 hours to 30 minutes.
- Changed cost of Stasis Rush cost from 10 Platinum to 10,000 Credits.
- Tenno with the Nutrio Incubator Segment installed now have instant recovery from Stasis at no cost!
- Reduced Platinum cost of Companion Name Change from 25 to 15 Platinum to match weapon entitlement costs.
- Removed pickup limit on Kubrow Eggs!
Weapon Aiming Changes:
While this is largely under the hood, we want to detail out some changes we made to how Weapons are fired, particularly projectile weapons. We’ve added some new behavior that makes it easier to hit targets very close to the camera, eliminates strange sideways flying projectile and can be applied to any projectile (projectiles with gravity were previously excluded from the coolness. The basic idea now is: if you’re aiming at it, you’ll hit it.
Forest Sabotage Changes/Fixes:
- Added a progress wheel to UI to show Antitoxin Strength.
- Antitoxin console disables when strength is at 100% to avoid wasting Antitoxins.
- Slightly increased strength score of common and uncommon Antitoxins.
- Fixed incorrect Affinity reward scaling for Antitoxins.
- Fixed broken materials on the Antitoxin console.
Update on Operator Suit Mesh Changes:
Since we reverted the Operator Suit Mesh Changes introduced in PC Update 23.10.0 to restore Operator Suit Meshes to their pre-Update 23.10 state, they will not be coming in this update. A more careful re-release of the Operator Suit Mesh Changes will come at a later date.
Virtual Cursor Changes/Fixes:
Expand spoilers below for list!
- Disabled the “Change Loadout” button from appearing when an invite is up on screen. Additionally disabled the “Invite” button from appearing at the same time. The invite will have to be dismissed before trying to invite someone to your game. This fixes the issue of being unable to accept invites while on Navigation using a controller since X opened the “Change Loadout” screen.
- No longer force double-selection to equip Arcanes.
- Changed D-Pad icons to a solid button shape.
- Added quick button for the Invite Button on the Invite Player screen. Option can still be selected with the virtual cursor if desired.
- Icon callouts will be displayed for currently bound actions when changing bindings.
- Fixed virtual cursor not highlighting options in the Dojo Room Options window, making it unselectable.
- Fixed D-Pad navigation going to the category tabs when attempting to modify some options near the top of the screen.
- Fixed the Clan search screen not having D-pad functionality.
- Fixed an issue with D-pad functionality not working on Polychrome in the Dojo.
- Fixed being unable to select the Taveuni node on the Kuva Fortress if highlighting the text with the virtual cursor.
- And more!
Expand spoilers below for list!
- Introducing a ‘BEAST’ category for Kubrows, Kavats (instead of COMPANIONS) and the Helminth Charger, and added ‘ROBOTIC’ category for Sentinels. Remaining Mods that indicate ‘COMPANION’ are useable across all Companion types.
- Mask of the Revenant quest has been added to the Codex.
- Archwing Launchers will be infinite use! It will also auto-equip instead of having to locate/pickup the Launcher spawn.
- Primed Quickdraw will be tradable!
- Removed the unintentional Melee Combo Counter cap of 180 for the Gram Prime.
- Removed Titania’s Razorwing collision damage.
- Made several TAA improvements: fixed blurring under motion, much higher quality, and much sharper results!
- The Klebrik Scaffold will reset Sentient resistance as it was intentionally meant to.
- Increased Staticor’s charged shot AoE size from 2m to 8m and is no longer affected by charge level.
- Energy, Health, Shield and Ammo restores have a new look! Their refreshed look helps them visually indicate what they restore, with an added range ring to indicate if you’re in close enough proximity to the Restore.
- Ammo Stations in the Plains will only generate Ammo used by the weapon of the player who activated it. Also lowered the Ammo Station cooldown by half.
- Adjusted chances for Kavats to use the Pet Bed to prevent unrealistic bed usage.
- Players with an active Radiation Status Effect can no longer trigger Radiation on other players.
- Changed to show un-owned ‘bundle-only’ skins in the Arsenal where appropriate (i.e viewing a single Sword Appearance options). The Price tag will reflect these are ‘bundle only’.
- Simulacrum enemy level selection popup will default to currently selected enemy level.
- Toned down the FX for Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones when firing the Phantasma.
- Removed unnecessary error prompt when canceling a Catalyst/Reactor installment.
- Removed Platinum price being listed in the weapon selection screen when crafting a weapon that requires another weapon.
- Removed outdated Design Council Tips from loading screens.
- Changed the Archwing max height in The Plains of Eidolon to 100 meters (previous intentions were a max height of 50 meter).
- Fishing Hotspots should be identical between all players (Host & Client)!
- We refactored the Locomotion system (which is the code that controls how AI find their way around the level) – primarily to allow us to have AI switch between different movement modes (eg walking & flying).
- Updated windows in some of the Grineer Spy mission vaults to prevent NPCs from spotting players through the glass.
- Operators will no longer play their Idle Animations when customizing them – similar to Warframes.
- Promo codes are no longer case-sensitive when entered in-game or on the Warframe website!
- Linked items in Chat that can’t be purchased with Platinum now have a Build tab which explains where to build the item.
- Valkyr’s Warcry buff indicator now displays the buff value in addition to the duration.
- Improved the way players perceive gun fire and explosion sounds at long distances in the Plains of Eidolon. The sounds are now more believable at long distances and give players a more accurate perception of enemy distance.
- Increased the odds of Bounty objectives spawning in caves in the Plains of Eidolon.
- Increased Capture end timer during Void Fissure missions from 3 minutes to 5 minutes. Players now have more time to collect Reactant when cracking Relics in these missions.
- Tweaked the Incubus Syandana to rest in the mouth on the back of the Nezha Empyrean Skin.
- Reorganized Aura Mods to display in order of lowest to highest given Mod capacity
- Changed the color of the Health Restore Gear Wheel item to green.
- Made many micro-optimizations!
- And much more!
Expand spoilers below for list!
- Fixed Sentient Cores disappearing after a Host migration occurred.
- Fixed Stalker and Zanuka unable to target players after being Enthralled by Revenant or Chaos’d by Nyx, even after Ability expires.
- Fixed ability to damage allies upon firing the Lenz and having Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors expire before it explodes.
- Fixed certain wave projectiles (e.g. Arca Plasmor) bouncing off hit proxy shields (e.g. Volt’s Electric Shield, Gara’s Mass Vitrify).
- Fixed Void Strike (Madurai) not affecting the damage output of Flame Blast (Madurai).
- Fixed Transferring into Operator causing hold Abilities to continue holding until you Transfer back into your Warframe (e.g. Ember Fireball charge).
- Fixed Nezha’s Blazing Chakram flight path getting blocked by Swarm Mutalist MOA’s spores.
- Fixed blinding/deafening effects on NPCs clearing if their perceiver is unregistered and re-registered (e.g. stunned).
- Fixed Nyx’s Chaos Sphere Augment being removed when another cast occurs.
- Fixed Clem Clones being infinitely spawnable in the Simulacrum.
- Fixed the Mote Amp having Arsenal stats for a secondary fire, even though it only has a primary fire.
- Fixed Zenith alt-fire projectile showing enemies with the Warframe Energy color. It now uses the Zenith Energy color.
- Fixed Tennogen Skins not applying the base Chroma mesh when toggle Prime details is flagged off.
- Fixed seeing numerous copies of owned Syandanas. This cluttered up the Syandana Arsenal screen, so you will now only see 1 even if you own/are Gifted multiple.
- Fixed blinding Eidolon fights among other things by making sure adaptive exposure was working on all FX in dark settings.
- Fixed Blast Status FX showing on invisible weapons.
- Fixed Operator Arcane customization screen not actually saving Arcane changes.
- Fixed inability to use the Zanuka Beacon if Zanuka had captured you in the past.
- Fixed scrolling to the bottom of the Syndicate Tab in the World State Window and switching to the Fissure Tab sometimes resulting in no fissure missions being displayed.
- Fixed Sentinel “Sacrifice” mod sometimes failing to activate if a teammate tries to revive you and then fails at the last second.
- Fixed buffs/debuffs permanently stacking on Zaws after activating and deactivating Titania’s Archwing. A common result was melee speed getting slower and slower.
- Fixed an issue with the platforms being far too bright white in Mastery Rank 10 making it hard to see.
- Fixed issues where the Mastery Rank 13 test could become uncompletable.
- Fixed Mastery Rank 23 test failing causing the game to lock up if completed with very little time remaining.
- Fixed Eximus units sometimes not having their red aura.
- Fixed other players being capable of activating vanishing platforms in Dojo custom obstacle courses while another player is running the course.
- Fixed Gems mined in the Plains of Eidolon not showing up in the Mining tab in the Foundry after they’ve been refined.
- Fixed invited guests in Orbiter seeing Warframe Statue stuttering in Personal Quarters.
- Fixed reload animation issues with the Rubico Prime.
- Fixed Mods not displaying on pickup when driving a Dargyn.
- Fixed an issue with missing Affinity when destroying an Eidolon Synova while not in Operator mode.
- Fixed issues with armor and Emblems on the Oberon Blade of the Lotus Skin.
- Fixed gravity not affecting certain Warframe abilities at all when aim-glide was held.
- Fixed some gear items not being consumed as Operator (i.e Scanners).
- Fixed Grineer patrollers standing around when night falls on the Plains of Eidolon if they were too far from base. Now they will continue their patrols when the sun sets instead of taking an extended break.
- Fixed erroneous Bounty matchmaking cases. This was triggered by selecting a Bounty, cancelling said Bounty and then selecting a different Bounty, upon which you would matchmake with the cancelled Bounty.
- Fixed Mesa’s Shatter Shield and Chroma’s Cold Elemental Ward not damaging certain enemies.
- Fixed Inaros’ Sandstorm radius stat showing diameter.
- Fixed squadmate riding a Dargyn not being teleported to Cetus doors when the extraction timer hits 0:00, resulting in them having to walk/fly to extraction themselves before the team can extract.
- Fixed some Refined Relics not appearing as owned in the Codex.
- Fixed Cold Status Effect icons not appearing on certain Mods.
- Fixed an issue where Adaptive Exposure would randomly turn everything black.
- Fixes towards Scanners not functioning for Clients. This also fixes cases where Helios would not scan new entries.
- Fixed Volt’s Discharge not hitting any enemies after reaching Zone 2 in an Sanctuary Onslaught mission.
- Fixed inability to Channel your Melee weapon while sprinting.
- Fixed Gifting of Warframes showing “item already owned” error.
- Fixed issue where players were forced to wait for the countdown timer to finish in Endless Void Fissure missions if the “Sort by” menu was active when the timer began.
- Fixed an issue where Clients joining in progress missions may not be able to find the player who picked up a pickup, resulting in the pickup becoming available again if that client then became the Host after a host migration.
- Fixed Defectors falling through the floor in the Corship Ship Defection tileset, resulting in inability to extract.
- Fixed Defection missions not spawning the correct number of Colonists, and therefore not counting rescued squads correctly.
- Fixed inability to collect a Mandachord part in Octavia’s Anthem quest which halted progression.
- Fixed the musical note trail moving erratically during Octavia’s Anthem Quest.
- Fixed final door not opening in the first mission of the Glast Gambit Quest.
- Fixed transference prompt not appearing during The War Within Quest, halting progress.
- Fixed issue where, when players reviewed their Profiles while in the trade item selection window at Maroo’s Bazaar, their information would appear behind items.
- Fixed the Revenant Warframe Blueprint not appearing in the Codex as a reward under any Eidolon variant.
- Fixed Nyx’s Chaos Sphere Augment not always grabbing every enemy in its radius.
- Fixed ranking up Octavia’s Conductor Augment not actually increasing the speed of Resonator.
- Fixed Warframe Abilities affecting Dargyns (Chroma’s Elemental Ward) when an ally has mounted it.
- Fixed casting Mesa’s Peacemaker Ability unintentionally refreshing the Arca Scisco buff, but not actually increasing the Critical Chance. Casting Mesa’s Peacemaker Ability should not activate/refresh the Arca Scisco buff .
- Fixed Gara’s Splinter Storm ability breaking Corpus reinforced glass.
- Fixed many Syandana clipping and placement issues.
- Many script error and crash fixes!
- And much much more!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!